Friday, August 14, 2009

A Few pics i took in Ranthambhore (pre-view)

This bird is very commonly seen in Ranthambhore.

Rufous tree-pie



Rose Ringed Parakeet (oUt side my window)




The sunset at Ranthambhore


My travel to Ranthambhore was exhilarating and a cherished trip. Its the place where i saw my first ever sighting of the most beloved Cat ,The Tiger. It was also my first time travel to a national park in the north. I v travelled a great deal to Bandipur and Nagarhole, several times in a year ever since i was ten. I guess it bought out my love for wildlife. People visiting the south know how difficult it is to spot the tiger. Its an elusive hunter here in the south. It amazed me on how easily i could see them in the north as the forests are ideal to spot wildlife. It isnt dense like the south. Each forest is unique in this aspect an we see how adaptable the tiger is in different terrains and temperatures. These forests are one of the best reserves to spot wildlife. During my short trip i spotted a variety of birds like the shikra, OHB, spotted owlet, vulture and plenty more. To the famous chinkara, Blue bull, leopard, tiger, monitor lizards, to the soft shelled turtle and the mugger. Truly a delight to photograph these animals.

No comments: